Solutions-oriented IT Systems Administrator with notable success participating as well as directing a broad range of IT initiatives. Has adept and diverse skillset that includes participating in planning, development, and implementation of a wide array of IT solutions in direct support of a customer base that consists of ~ 45,000 end users. Environment is geologically spread across 80 physical locations utilizing the services provided by ~250 servers in a primarily SAN-based and VMWare-driven datacenter. These services are delivered to approximately ~14,000 workstations.
- Track record of increasing responsibility in desktop & network support, systems analysis and development, and project management.
- Demonstrated capacity to implement solid, innovative solutions that drive awareness and enhance end-user experience, while being mindful of the need to decrease exposure and maintain a secure environment.
- Hands-on experience leading all stages of system development efforts, including requirements definition, design, architecture, testing, and support.
- Outstanding leadership abilities; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating, and leading project teams.
- Adept at developing effective policies and procedures, project documentation and milestones, and technical/business specifications.
CORE COMPETENCIES: Desktop Hardware & Application Support, Network & Systems Analysis (All Layers of OSI Model); Business Impact Analysis; Regulatory Adherence; Disaster Recovery Planning; Contingency Planning; Research & Development; Risk Assessment; Microsoft Active Directory Troubleshooting; Group Policy design, Support and Troubleshooting; Scripting & Automation utilizing a variety of languages; Desktop Deployment; Network Application Troubleshooting & Support; Cisco IOS; Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010;
* Platforms: Microsoft Windows® operating systems from 95 on (including Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2); Cisco IOS 11.0 and up, Apache, Tomcat, IIS 6.0,IIS 7.0,IIS 7.5, SQL 2005 SP3,SQL 2008 SP1, SQL 2008 R2
* Networking: TCP/IP, Novell, ISO/OSI, SMS/SQL, Ethernet, VPN, SSH, DFS, DNS, DHCP, SAN Technologies, 802.11, 802.3, dot1q, RIP, OSPF, IGRP, IEGRP, FTP, TFTP, Telnet, SSL, Fibrechannel, HTTP
* Hardware: Multiple Dell & Lenovo Desktop/Laptop models, Dell PowerEdge 2650, 2950 Servers, as well as the following Cisco platforms: 2500 Series Routers, 1900, 2100, 3700 Series Switches, PIX Firewalls, 350 and 1300 Series Wireless Bridges, 1100 Series Wireless Access Points, Barracuda SPAM Filter, Dell EMC 340 and 400 SAN Storage, Cisco 4710 ACE Load-Balancing Appliance, Brocade Switches
* Languages: PowerShell 1.0 & 2.0, SQL, mySQL, .NET Visual Basic, VBScript, .NET C#, Auto-IT, HTML, Perl, PHP, CSS, ASP.NET MVC 2.0 & 3.0
* Tools Utilized Regularly: SolarWinds Orion, NaviSphere SAN Management, IPSentry Automation, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Administrator, HEAT Ticketing System, LANDesk, LanGuard, Microsoft Configuration Manager 2007, Cisco Networking Assistant, VMWare VCenter, VMWare Workstation, VMWare ESXi, Auto-IT, Microsoft Active Directory Toolkit, Microsoft Office System (including MicrosoftWord, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint®, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Outlook®), Microsoft Project, PowerShell, nmap, Wireshark; CommVault 8.0 & 9.0 Backup Solutions; PowerGUI, WebEx, GoTo Assist, Windows Remote Desktop